|Beef and Vegetables over Noodles||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Super simple supper with ground beef, canned vegetables, and egg noodles. YUM!
- 8 oz package of egg noodles
- 5 strips bacon
- one onion, chopped
- three cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- one can sliced carrots, drained
- one can kitchen sliced green beans, drained
- one can mushrooms, drained
- one can diced tomatoes, undrained
- one can beef gravy PLUS half a can of water
- Worcestershire sauce
- poultry seasoning
- Do NOT cook the noodles first. Wait until you’ve completed the beef and vegetables. See below.
- Cook the bacon in a large saute pan and remove the bacon leaving the drippings.
- Brown the onions in the bacon fat until they start to soften.
- Add the garlic.
- Cook for 3 minutes to release the garlic aroma.
- Add the ground beef and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Boil the noodles in salted water according to package instructions.
- Cook the beef with the onions and garlic until it’s no longer pink. If you use a low-fat beef, you won’t need to drain it.
- Add the drained vegetables and the can of gravy to the beef mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the seasonings to taste. For 2 lbs. of beef, I used 2 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce, a T. of basil, 1/2 T. of oregano, and 2 T. of poultry seasoning.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered while you cook the noodles.
- In a large pot, bring the water for the noodles to a boil. (taste the beef mixture and adjust seasonings to your preference)
- Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions. (usually 7-10 minutes)
- While the noodles cook, stir the beef and vegetables. If you want a thick sauce, add a T. of flour and stir constantly to thicken.
- Serve the beef and vegetables over the noodles.
- The sauce is pretty basic so offer additional seasonings such as salt and pepper, Cajun seasoning, even cheese or sour cream!